What do Physiotherapists do? And how can we help you?
What do you think of when you hear about physiotherapy? You may think of a rugby match and the person who runs on with a bag to help the injured player, or a tennis player at Wimbledon with the bright coloured tape? Or have you had experience of treatment, working alongside a physiotherapist and have seen us rehabilitating people with disability, helping athletes get back to competing or just giving advice to get your everyday worker back to their job.
This blog will hopefully let you know what we at Restore and Rebalance Physiotherapy Clinic do and how our skills can benefit you.
- As physiotherapists we use exercise, movement, education and advice alongside manual therapy skills and our wealth of knowledge to manage people’s pain and other symptoms.
- We help to promote recovery and implement rehabilitation of an injury, to allow you as a patient to get back to full health and back to work or sport as quickly as possible.
- We know that your injury and pain affects you individually and we endeavour to design a treatment plan that is specific, realistic and ,of course, most beneficial to you.
- Our Pilates classes are available weekly to work alongside our treatment plans and allow you to continue to manage your condition, improve fitness and prevent any future pain or injury.
- We promote healthy lifestyle and physical activity that will benefit you now and in the future. We can advise you on material to help you along the way.
- We can help you access physiotherapy through an insurer so that you don’t have to pay up front.
Any patient that is reading this and thinking they have an ache or a pain whether it is your back (much like 60-80% of the population have at some point in their lifetime), your neck or elsewhere, then a good place to start is your GP. They can prescribe you the right pain medication if that is the route you want to go down. They may offer you physiotherapy but this is when things can take a while. With an NHS referral for physiotherapy in Belfast it can take up to 6 months for an appointment. For most cases this too long especially when you are suffering enough pain to go to your GP for help. To stop your pain becoming chronic (in other words, lasts for longer than 3 months) you can get in touch with private physiotherapist.
That’s where we at Restore and Rebalance come in. We will try our best to see you within 24-48 hours of your call. Even if it’s just for advice or reassurance, if you are concerned about a pain, stiffness or weakness contact us today and put yourself on the road to recovery.